JGI Genome Portal
CABBI Themes: Conversion, Feedstock Production, Sustainability
Keywords: Genome, Sequence Data, Transcriptome
CABBI has worked with the DOE’s Joint Genome Institute to produce sequence data from all three CABBI themes. Genomic data can be searched through JGI’s Genome Portal. Datasets include: genome sequencing of CABBI yeasts; microbial metatranscriptome sequencing; and genome sequencing of CABBI crops.
Subset of Datasets Included
- Near-Complete Genome Sequence of Zygosaccharomyces rouxii NRRL Y-64007, a Yeast Capable of Growing on Lignocellulosic Hydrolysates
- This project includes whole genome sequencing and transcriptome sequencing for the yeast, Zygosaccharomyces rouxii.
- Sorghum bicolor Genetic Variants Gene Expression Profiling
- Sorghum transcriptome variation is used to study gene discovery and evaluate phenotypic impacts of DNA designs. Sorghum biocolor Tx430 is used with samples taken from internodes, leaves, and the stem.
- Genomic and genetic resources for Miscanthus
- This project includes whole genome sequencing and transcriptome sequencing of Miscanthus sinensis, Miscanthus sacchariflorus, and many crosses of the two. Samples are taken from inflorescence, roots, leaves, stems and rhizomes.
- Comparison of Nitrogen-Associated Microbial Communities in Response to Stand Age and Fertilization
- The goal of this study is to explore the contribution of the soil microbial community to plant nitrogen requirements. The metatranscriptome and metagenome of soil microbial communities at the LAMPS (Long-Term Assessment of Miscanthus Productivity and Sustainability) site in Iowa and metagenome of soil microbial communities from a sorghum farm in Illinois.