Our Strategic Advisory Board
The CABBI Strategic Advisory Board (SAB) is made up of representatives from the other Bioenergy Research Centers (BRCs) as well as academic, government, and industry experts in the bioenergy and bioproduct thematic areas of feedstock production, conversion, and sustainability.
This Board will convene annually to objectively evaluate the Center’s research progress and to guide future scientific directions.
The SAB, chaired by the CABBI Director, will help ensure that the CABBI projects remain in alignment with CABBI, DOE, and stakeholder priorities. SAB members might also be asked individually or in smaller groups to offer suggestions on a particular technical issue.
Current SAB members:
- Katherine Armstrong, Research & Development Communication Leader, Dow Chemical Co.
- Joel Cherry, President of Research & Development, Amyris Inc.
- Katayoon Dehesh, Director, Institute for Integrative Genome Biology
- Steve Hartig, Vice President of Technology Development, ICM Inc.
- Jennifer Holmgren, Chief Executive Officer, LanzaTech
- Udaya Kalluri, Senior Staff Scientist in the Biosciences Division, Oak Ridge National Laboratory (Center for Bioenergy Innovation — CBI)
- Douglas Landis, University Distinguished Professor of Entomology, Michigan State University (Great Lakes Bioenergy Research Institute — GLBRC)
- Aindrila Mukhopadhyay, Senior Scientist, Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory (Joint BioEnergy Institute — JBEI)
- Jennifer Pett-Ridge, Deputy Leader for Isotopic Signatures Group, Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
- Robert Schmidt, Chief Scientist, SG Biofuels Co.
- Will Schroeder, Head of Metabolic Engineering, Ginkgo Bioworks
- Greg Stephanopoulos, W.H. Dow Professor of Chemical Engineering and Biotechnology, Massachusetts Institute of Technology
- Ellen Williams, Distinguished University Professor of Physics, University of Maryland